Monday, April 27, 2009

Baby's Day Out







It has been a week since I last put on a new post and there has been a lot "growing " on. As you will see the nestlings have gone from tiny wiggly things with no feathers to almost the same size as the mama and papa.
The once four little eggs from a few weeks ago are now three cute soft peeps.We did loose one of the chicks.But these three look strong and healthy.They began to fly from their nest and look around in the cage. We thought it would be fun to take their picture in my silk plant.
Mama and papa are still feeding the babies but have began building the next nest. So I expect to see more eggs beginning next week



2 comments:

  1. Pretty! Reminds me of when I had some zebra finches and they had babies! How neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love birds! I have never seen one this color... gorgeous!!
    Blessings
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete